Mosquitoes are vectors of major diseases such as malaria, dengue, etc, which cannot be effectively controlled by conventional insecticide based strategies, although the use of insecticide treated bednets, which targets blood-seeking females, can be very successful in certain situations against malaria. In addition to the direct human cost, malaria hinders economic development and poses a serious threat for new areas.
If you want to eliminate mosquitoes indoors, you can choose to use mosquito repellent oil.Pestman mosquito repellent essential oil is the first plant essential oil mosquito repellent product that achieves mosquito repellent effect through natural volatilization in the world. It is made of a variety of plant essential oils evenly mixed in a specific proportion, mainly lemon essential oil, osmanthus essential oil, peppermint essential oil and so on.
It emits a pleasant and fragrant smell. This smell will interfere with the mosquito’s olfactory system, making it impossible for mosquitoes to find humans. Some mosquitoes will find an exit and fly out of the room. Mosquitoes that cannot find an exit and stay in the room will also be affected by it. Starved to death due to lack of food and water. In addition to the pleasant smell, the amount is small each time, the natural volatilization effect is good, and it is also very safe for people. It is suitable for repelling mosquitoes in various indoor environments.
The method of use is very simple. Leave the bottle open and place the bottle on the ground at the innermost corner of the room. Put a bottle in each room (10-30 square meters), so that the essential oil can diffuse throughout the room. If the room is large, you need to increase the number of bottles as appropriate. Do not open doors and windows frequently in rooms where essential oils are placed. Because 1-2 ml of essential oils are volatilized every day, if you open doors and windows frequently, the essential oils will drift to other rooms or outdoors. If the concentration of essential oils indoors does not reach a certain concentration, it will not have a good mosquito repellent effect. If you need to open the window for ventilation, it is recommended to open the window for no more than 2 hours a day.
If it is outdoors:
- Mosquitoes need stagnant water to breed. Check your property regularly for anything that holds water for more than a few days. These include among other items, trash cans/lids, flower pots, bird baths, buckets, tires, rain gutters, kids toys, swing sets, kiddie pools, and even bottle caps.
- Dispose of any unnecessary containers that hold water and empty remaining items after each rain event or at least twice a week. If possible, store remaining containers indoors.
- Check folds in pool covers and tarps that can trap rainwater and become a breeding site.
- Store boats upside down so they drain. If covered, keep the tarp tight so water doesn’t pool on top.
- Check for items under bushes, in tall grass, and other areas that are shaded.
- Check downspout extensions. If ribbed, or at an angle that allows rainwater to pool inside the extension, this creates a perfect habitat for mosquitoes to breed.
- Change water in bird baths, fountains, and animal troughs weekly. Stock fish or add mosquito larvicide to ornamental ponds.
- Maintain backyard pools. Poorly maintained pools can become a mosquito breeding ground within days after you stop adding chlorine or some other disinfectant.
- Buy mosquito repellant to spray yourself and family members when going outdoors.
- Maintain screens on doors and windows to keep mosquitoes from entering your home
Mosquito prevention and control are complex subjects. For more information, you can visit our website or contact us.